Have You Been Charged With A Crime?
I am attorney Olga Yermalenka. At The Law Office of Olga Yermalenka, PLLC, in Plymouth and Ypsilanti, Michigan, I defend criminal charges of all kinds, including state felonies and misdemeanors.
The difference between felonies and misdemeanors comes down to the severity of the offense. If you are accused of a misdemeanor, the maximum amount of jail time is one year or less. Felonies can mean jail time of more than one year, including life in prison. In either situation, the consequences are life changing.
Felonies Require Skilled Representation
These are the most common felony charges I handle:
- Firearm charges: In Michigan, most charges that involve firearms are felonies. The consequences can be steep – in many cases, there is no chance for probation or parole if you are convicted.
- Drug charges: I represent those who have been accused of manufacturing, distribution or possession of drugs. Whether the charges involve meth, heroin, cocaine, prescription drugs or marijuana, I can represent you. Even if you have a medical marijuana card, you could still be charged with possession.
- Assault: Assault charges can take many forms. Depending on the severity of the alleged injuries or weapons used, they can be felonies or misdemeanors. These cases are taken very seriously by judges and prosecutors in Michigan, so it is important to get in contact with an attorney right away.
Misdemeanors Are Serious Charges, Too
Misdemeanors I commonly represent are:
- OWI/DUI: Operating a vehicle while intoxicated may seem like a minor accusation, but it can come with steep fines, jail time and driver’s license issues. If you are charged for the third time, it can be a felony charge. I will do anything I can to ensure your rights were never violated and all procedures were followed – and I will fight for you if they weren’t.
- Domestic violence: Not many lawyers in Plymouth will take on domestic violence defense cases, but I will. I firmly believe that anyone accused of a crime deserves competent representation and a fair trial, and I am ready to provide that for you.
- OWIs/DUIs involving drugs: The testing procedures for OWIs and DUIs involving drugs are quite different than those involving alcohol but still carry very serious consequences. I have the knowledge and expertise in these unique circumstances, and I will use this knowledge to mitigate the consequences as much as possible.
Whether you have been accused of a misdemeanor or felony, you need an attorney to represent you. Contact me to schedule a free initial consultation by calling 734-487-4970. You can also get in touch via email.